MVIWATA operates in 23 regions /districts (middle level networks) of both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. These regions are divided into 9 zones. A zone represents 2-4 geographic regions of Tanzania.
Zone 1: Includes Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba),
Zone 2: Includes Morogoro, Pwani, Dar es Salaam,
Zone 3: Includes Kilimanjaro, Tanga,
Zone 4: Include Arusha, Manyara, Mara,
Zone 5: Includes Singida, Dodoma, Tabora,
Zone 6: Includes Mwanza, Kagera, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Geita,
Zone 7: Includes Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Kigoma,
Zone 8: Includes Iringa, Njombe, Ruvuma,
Zone 9: Includes Mtwara, Lindi.
Board of Directors is constituted by 9 elected members, each member represent one zone. Their main role is decision making on behalf of the General Meeting. It is composed by members who are elected after every three years on Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is the highest body in the organisation of MVIWATA.
The prevailing Board of Directors of MVIWATA was elected on December 6, 2017 at the 22nd MVIWATA AGM held in Morogoro. The full list members of MVIWATA Board of Directors who will stay in power up to 2020 are as follows:
1. Mr. Abdul Gea, The Chairperson of the Board representing zone 2.
2. Ms. Maryam A. Hamad, A Vice Chairperson of the Board representing zone 1.
3. Mr. Richard Kipara, Treasurer of the Board representing zone 4.
4. Mr. Hans Luwanja, Representing zone 8.
5. Mr. Saidi Hassan Msangazi, Representing zone 3.
6. Ms. Winfrida James, Representing zone 7.
7. Ms. Asha H. Mahalola, Representing zone 9.
8. Mr. Charles Ndugulile, Representing zone 6.
9. Ms. Hamisa Haruna, Representing zone 5.
The Executive Director of MVIWATA sits in the Board as a Secretary.