MVIWATA operates in 23 regions /districts (middle level networks) of both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. These regions are divided into 9 zones. A zone represents 2-4 geographic regions of Tanzania.
Zone 1: Includes Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba),
Zone 2: Includes Morogoro, Pwani, Dar es Salaam, Tanga
Zone 3: Includes Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara
Zone 4: Include Mwanza, Mara, Simiyu,
Zone 5: Includes Singida, Dodoma, Tabora,
Zone 6: Includes Kagera, Shinyanga, Geita,
Zone 7: Includes Rukwa, Kigoma, Katavi
Zone 8: Includes Iringa, Njombe, Mbeya, Songwe,
Zone 9: Includes Mtwara, Lindi. Ruvuma
Board of Directors is constituted by 9 elected members, each member represent one zone. Their main role is decision making on behalf of the General Meeting. It is composed by members who are elected after every three years on Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is the highest body in the organisation of MVIWATA.
The prevailing Board of Directors of MVIWATA was elected on December 17, 2020 at the 25nd MVIWATA AGM held in Morogoro. The full list members of MVIWATA Board of Directors who will stay in power up to 2023 are as follows:
1. Mr. Apolo Chamwela, The Chairperson of the Board representing zone 3.
2. Ms. Maryam A. Hamad, A Vice Chairperson of the Board representing zone 1.
3. Ms. Winfrida James, Treasurer of the Board representing zone 7.
4. Mr. Nelly Mgingu, Representing zone 2.
5. Ms. Mariam Pius Wakuganda, Representing zone 8.
6. Ms. Asha H. Mahalola, Representing zone 9.
7. Mr. Charles Ndugulile, Representing zone 6.
8. Ms. Hamisa Haruna, Representing zone 5.
9. Mr. Joshua Silas, Representing zone 4.
The Executive Director of MVIWATA sits in the Board as a Secretary.